Unable to pair remote with light switch

• March 28, 2012 at 19:15 #705
    SadGamerGeek
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just returned from B&Q with a 1 gang / 1 way light switch and a 5 button remote control.

The light switch is now connected up and works / looks a treat. Unfortunately I’m having no luck pairing the remote. I press both buttons on the wall switch and it flashes between the two LEDs to indicate learning mode. I then press an on (or any) button on the remote (which flashes to confirm the press), but nothing happens with the wall switch, and the learning mode just times out.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help….

March 28, 2012 at 23:53 #2827
    andytvcams
    Participant

When you press the remote control the light switch should go from flashing alternately, to flashing blue.

March 29, 2012 at 00:14 #2828
    SadGamerGeek
    Participant

Yeah, that’s what I was hoping to see. No change from the alternating lights though unfortunately.

I wonder if I have a problematic piece of kit. Only thing is, I don’t know if it would be the light switch or remote that is in error…

March 29, 2012 at 16:44 #2829
    andytvcams
    Participant

As much as its going to be a pain i would take the whole package back.

March 29, 2012 at 18:48 #2831
    SadGamerGeek
    Participant

Just got home via B&Q again. I bought the 3x mains socket + remote pack.

I’ve been able to pair that remote with the wall switch without any issues, so this has proved that the original 5 button remote is faulty. I can now take that back for a refund, as all I need at the moment is the remote that came with the sockets.

Thanks for your help andytvcams.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.