Roadmap for further Gen 2 products released

• November 30, 2017 at 15:04 #24598
    don63
    Participant

Lightwave have now published the roadmap for further gen 2 devices at https://lightwaverf.com/assets/documents/rnsUpdates/2017/11/Lightwave-Generation-2-planned-future-releases.pdf.

White finish in feb, inline relay in feb, 3/4 gang dimmers in april. It’s the relays that I’m waiting for before it becomes viable for me to move over. I’m also watching h3mp gen 2 feedback on the other thread which will also dictate when gen 2 is viable for me.

December 1, 2017 at 08:03 #24600
    h3mp
    Participant

I’m disappointed there is no kind of wireless switches on the roadmap – I asked separately on twitter and they said they will do some eventually, put no plans over the next 6 months..

This is really poor for home automation – i want a button near my front door to turn the whole house off, and a button at the side of my bed to control the lights in the room etc – seems a very basic requirement which is sorely missing πŸ™

It’s all well and good using your phone for things, but buttons are just much more convenient and less fiddly.

I might look at logitech POP or IKEA wireless buttons to see if they can play nicely via homekit to automate things – but homekit it rules out using any Gen1 kit which is a big annoyance..

I think the white products look quite good..

December 1, 2017 at 10:41 #24602
    don63
    Participant

It’s frustrating waiting for the releases. The new relay won’t be dimmable which rules it out for 80% of my use cases (I largely use dimmable relays for lighting with wireless switches). I’ll need to wait longer for the gen 2 dimmable relays.

I was told that the new wireless switch will be a completely new design and look more like the standard 1-gang switch (all metal rather than the black plastic). that will be positive in my mind. Just the waiting is frustrating…

December 1, 2017 at 10:55 #24603
    h3mp
    Participant

The new relay won’t be dimmable which rules it out for 80% of my use cases

One way of achieving a dimming relay now is to just use a light dimmer stuck on to a single-gang plastic pattress box, then wire in and out of it…..
    I’ve ended up doing similar with a plug socket while waiting on relays to come out!

December 1, 2017 at 14:26 #24604
    don63
    Participant

Yeah, that would work pretty well. Quite an expensive relay πŸ˜‰

January 18, 2018 at 19:24 #24888
    m11rphy
    Participant

Does anybody yet know if the new relay will be able to control a motorised blind and if it can will it be able to work with HomeKit?

January 29, 2018 at 21:33 #24948
    Jed
    Participant

For the planned gen 2 inline relay, how will it be controlled without a wireless switch? Is it going to be via the Plus box only or will there be a remote control for it?

I feel like I’m missing something here as the lack of wireless switch on the roadmap appears to be an omission when rolling out the relay.

Jed

January 30, 2018 at 08:02 #24949
    h3mp
    Participant

Not having any remote switches is a major issue for me.
    The relays are on the released roadmap, switches are not.
    So the only control will be via the app, or an automation, or a grouping with other dimmers etc.

January 30, 2018 at 21:25 #24950
    Jed
    Participant

I spoke to LW today and they told me that there is a wireless switch being worked on it’s just not hit the roadmap yet, so should be coming.

Jed

January 31, 2018 at 08:06 #24955
    h3mp
    Participant

without a release date, then i’d expect 6 months away as a minimum.. it is a right pain as it is preventing me from adopting gen2 in some rooms

March 30, 2018 at 16:20 #25216
    DarrenWalsh51
    Participant

Anyone seen an update to the roadmap? Gen 1 inline relays working really poorly in a Gen 2 environment, so looking forward to seeing the gen 2 version.

April 14, 2018 at 06:48 #25255
    Chester
    Participant

No 3-way dimmers and no wireless controllers are a show stopper for me too. That’s a shame because I’m looking into Gen 2 now as I’m adding another light circuit in one of my rooms, and that means changing from an LW200 to an L22.

No black chrome on the roadmap either πŸ™

Chester
    July 29, 2018 at 10:27 #25362
    steveterry
    Participant

Waiting to switch to Generation 2 but lack of black chrome is making this a non starter at the moment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.