Moisture resistance?

• May 13, 2011 at 09:16 #315
    AndreWilley
    Participant

Can the system control low-voltage bathroom downlighters, which run via a transformer in the loft? I’m assuming most modern lighting transformers are dimmable, and it’d be nice to be able to control the lights in two zones via a Master Wall Switch. Also, while I know the main 2-gang dimmer would need to be in the loft, how resistant would the stick-on wall-switches be to general bathroom moisture?

Andre

May 17, 2011 at 15:04 #849
    AlexS
    Participant

In terms of moisture resistance i have no idea – i have never tested the switch in such a situation! However the adhesive used is good quality so if the wall surface is properly clean when you attach the switch then it should be fine as no moisture will get in.

In terms of transformers some do work yes, however, until we have completed some more testing i cant tell you with any certainty which ones will or wont. I am going to publish extensive test data and compatibility information on the website once we know soon so keep watching this space.

May 25, 2011 at 10:54 #859
    AndreWilley
    Participant

Don’t suppose you happen to have tested the Click TR260 (http://www.astra247.com/4335/Lighting/E … 60VA/Grey/) or the Robus LT60D (as in this kit: http://www.robusdirect.com/catalogue/it … 3&catID=30) dimmable transformers as yet do you? I’ve just checked in the loft and we have three of the Clicks and one of the Robus fitted, each running their own downlighter bulb.

I think I would plan to gang the three Clicks together onto one dimmer channel, and the Robus (lamp over shower) on a separate channel, with a 2-gang dimmer switch fitted in the loft and have the Master Wall Switch glued onto the wall just outside the bathroom (not sure about the moisture issue otherwise).

Andre

May 31, 2011 at 11:27 #866
    AlexS
    Participant

That all should be fine. I dont think we have tested those transformers so cant say 100% but as long as the qwuality is reasonable they should work fine – this is what we find with transformers.

I dont think the mositure issue would be a big problem. Ive now had a master wall switch fitted in may bathroom activating a dimmer running 5 led GU10s and every thing has worked very nicely.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.