Master Wall Switch Pairing

• September 30, 2011 at 17:33 #394
    mr flibble
    Participant

How?

The manual says to refer to the manuals of the receivers, which in turn contain no relavant info!

So, all in all I’m rather baffled.

What button(s) do I need to press/hold to add devices? When I’m setting the devices to the right level for each mood, do I use a different remote to do this?

Thanks!

October 1, 2011 at 12:26 #1122
    ant
    Participant

The action you need to take on the receiver depends on what sort of receiver it is; that’s why you are referred to the receiver documentation. Read them again, the information’s all in there.

For example, assuming you want to control a 1gang 2way 250W dimmer receiver, the back of the leaflet has a "SETUP" section which advises you to:

1) on the dimmer, press and hold down the "on" and "off" buttons until the blue and amber LEDs flash alternately. The dimmer switch is now in learning mode
    2) Using a …..remote control press the "ON" button intended to be paired; the blue light on the dimmer switch will flash to confirm that the remote is now paired

so, in (2) above, the ‘remote’ is your rooom control.

If you want to add a second controller for this receiver, you repeat the process.

To set the levels for a particular mood, set the brightness you want the lamp at, then hold down the relevant mood button on the controller until the LED flashes. That’s it. This is in the info that comes with the mood controller (in the OPERATION section) altho it is not particularly obvious; the instructions for this bit of kit are pretty confusing, if you ask me.

HTH

October 4, 2011 at 10:21 #1130
    mr flibble
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your help!

I figured it out in the end – would most appreciate clearer instructions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.