Colour options question, help?

• June 30, 2011 at 09:48 #318
    AndreWilley
    Participant

This is going to sound silly, but could someone explain the product colours to me? In the product photos on the site, Chrome and Black Chome look identical, and both are very similar to Stainless Steel.

We are painting our main room using Dulux Totally Nutmeg (and Tuscan Terracotta for feature wall) but I can’t work out which lightwave colour to get for the light switch to match with the nutmeg, as the photos look the same! Any suggestions, or matches to other ranges I could check? I assume they are all matt or soft sheen finishes rather than full shiny "see your face in it" chromes? 🙂

July 1, 2011 at 16:42 #882
    AlexS
    Participant

hmm those are the only decent photos i have at the moment – ill try and aquire some more that show greater contrast

July 1, 2011 at 19:59 #883
    Tissy
    Participant

If its any help, Stainless Steel is basically a brushed aluminum, so it has a matt grainy effect.

This is what we have purchased and in my opinion the brushed finish is less prone to fingerprints.

I would imagine (as i haven’t seen them), chrome is just that, a polished silver finish and the black chrome is a darkened chrome finish.

It may pay you to visit your local major DIY store as these types of finishes are an industry standard and it may give you a better idea.

Hope that helps,

Steve

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.